Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Day...3

I've made it through day three. The cravings come in waves. I'll feel an almost unbearable urge to eat off plan, but I've noticed that if I can manage to sit for a couple minutes and chill the feeling passes. I've just been pushing through somehow. It has really hit home just how long I have gone without taking any difinitive action towards weight loss. I've been eating what I want whenever I want, and just accepting the consequences...feeling guilty, but accepting them.

The simplicity helps. Let's face it, it's nice not having to cook for myself or wash up after. It also helps that protein shakes are totally nonstimulating. Grainy vanilla flavored water just doesn't trigger me. The temporary fix is workin for now. The test will come when I go back on solids.

To answer Deb's question, walks seem to be one of the few things that will calm Helen. She likes motion...walking, drives, being carried. Now, if I could always keep her moving that would be great. She sometimes likes her swing for a little while, but mommy powered motion is her favorite. :0)

Anyway, I feel a little stronger this evening.

Take care guys,

Angie

4 comments:

jinxxxygirl said...

Well now thats a good excuse for mommy to always stay in motion! LOL! You knew that was coming right?? :)

Your doing GREAT Angie! Thank you so much for the comments on my blog. I enjoy the blog i guess thats why i've been able to stay with it for so long. I try not to put pressure on myself about posting there. I keep a little notepad handy and when i think of something to write about i jot it down. Cause it never fails when i sit down to type i forget what i wanted to say.
You, just take it one day at a time and your gonna be fine. Your off to a great start! Helen is really gonna benefit from having a fit, healthy , happy mom! Deb

zurplemoon said...

look at you sister. day 3 and still kicking it. yay for you.

I wanted to give you a massage school update. So here you go massage school has been the best thing I could have done for myself. I'm feeling confident, settled in my body, and overall calm over my whole being. I can honestly say that I feel the best mentally, physically, and spiritually.

I'm done on 10/5/09. I can't believe it's almost over. I was so scared and I did great. I struggled a bit which I was surprised it wasn't the course work it was the changes in me. It's hard to explain if you haven't gone on the massage school journey. Having loads of body work done is nothing to sneeze at.

I've decided to start with chair massage in coffee shops. So excited. I got my chair off of e-bay. http://piscespro.com/ it's the Cadillac of the massage chair world. I decided that I loved doing chair massage & thought here I go. Chair Massage is an unexplored world that I'm ready to explore and expand. I will do some table however I want to do mostly chair.

When Helen is older go to massage school. It's one of the best things I have ever done.

Sending love to you.

Heather said...

I wonder how she would feel about being in a snuggly/sling while Mommy used her step?

Angie said...

Deb...LOL...I did know that was coming! I do the same thing (keep a note pad to jot down ideas). I did that all the time with my past videos. I enjoy blogging too. With the constraints on my time now it just works a lot better that YouTube. I can't even watch the videos anymore. Helen won't let me, and my computer is too slow to play them. Oh well. I have always enjoyed writing, so this I can definitely keep up with.

Zurp: I am so happy that the massage is working out for you! I was interested in chair massage too. What a coincidence. It seems like you could travel easily from place to place with it.

Sparky: I think I might have to invest in a good snuggly. I bought a cheap one that Helen hates...screams when I pull it out. Good idea, I seriously might try that.